R.K. Black, Inc., an Oklahoma City-based office technology company providing solutions to businesses throughout Central Oklahoma, is seeking to fill a full-time position to serve in the Oklahoma City metro area.
Here are the details:
We’re looking for a person who enjoys a brisk pace, interacting with people, moderate physical activity, practices safe driving skills and is mechanically inclined. As an RK Black Shred Specialist, you’ll play an integral part in fulfilling our guarantee to safely and securely shred our client’s confidential data. You’ll build trust with each shred job you complete and represent RK Black with utmost integrity. You’ll become an important part of our Warehouse Support Team … we go above and beyond to WOW our clients, thriving on accuracy, efficiency, professionalism & fun. Sound like an interesting career for you … if so, read on!
The Basic Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Five years’ driving experience
- Two years’ customer service experience
- Mechanically inclined; comfortable with use of hand tools
- On the job use of computer and software, knowledge of basic networking
- Possess a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License with clear driving record, at least 21 years of age
Nice-To-Have but Not Required
- Associates Degree or some college courses
- Experience driving box trucks is a plus
- CDL is a plus but not required
- Operates our mobile shred truck, responsible for destruction of documents and hard drives efficiently, confidentially and securely following industry standards (NAID). 90% of your time will be either driving to the next client location or at client locations, greeting clients & retrieving shred containers … contents will be shredded ‘onsite’ and empty containers returned to client.
- Plans ‘next days’ shred route for efficiency & to complete all scheduled shred stops; uses online mapping or GPS.
- Effectively communicates with clients and office personnel regarding pick-up logistics.
- Enters client workplace respectfully and professionally with minimum disruption.
- Maintains a high level of security when emptying client containers and transporting documents or hard drives for destruction off-site.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment … inspects and properly maintains our shred truck & equipment, performing minor maintenance when necessary; truck is kept in tip-top shape.
- Follows all DOT regulations and procedures and maintains all required DOT paperwork.
- Strictly follows all safety procedures; every day, every stop, every time.
- Drives in a safe and courteous manner, obeys traffic signs and speed limits, no texting while driving.
- Operates all company equipment in a safe and responsible manner (includes forklift, stair climber, dollies and vehicles).
- Assists with miscellaneous warehouse duties following completion of daily route including unboxing and receiving freight, stocking inventory and other duties as requested.
- Possess good organizational skills, able to work under moderate pressure
Possess good interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with all levels of
associates and clients
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Communicate clearly in verbal and written English
- Able to pass required DOT physical examination
- Able to stand and move freely, and sit for prolonged periods of time
- Able to lift heavy objects from floor to over waist height (up to 75 pounds)
- Able to bend, stoop, lift and carry objects weighing up to 55 lbs.
- Able to operate company equipment, including company vehicles, forklift, stair climber, and other equipment.
- Made available after 90 days. Health, Dental, 401K